Blog Description

Weekly Posts Concerning my Sabbatical Research and Writing Project


Monday, November 26, 2012

Joseph of Lawyer Canyon

My younger brother Joe lives in Lawyer Canyon.  He is famous for his dumpster diving escapades, his dedication to frugality, and he posted this on Facebook the other day.  I thought it should be shared here on the blog.


 
"I had just one day to deer hunt using my special mule deer buck tag, and today was the day [Nov. 21st]. I was going to use the tag on the first buck I saw, so I could get back to work to meet some guests arriving that evening.  I saw a buck at about 7:30 AM and got in position for the shot at 10:00 am. I shot the deer and it rolls quite some distance down the hill into a steep, brushy draw.  As I am dragging it through the thorns, over rocks and past steep side hills, I spied what I thought was an old bottle, but what it turned out to be was a big, un-opened bottle of Coors Lite.  I took a break to drink the beer (my first one in ages) with two pieces of cold pizza Bethany gave me yesterday. Cold beer and pizza in a thorn thicket in the middle of nowhere.  I would have far preferred a DQ Blizzard, but even I am not that blessed in my finding and scavenging skills."

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I took a break to drink the beer (my first one in ages) with two pieces of cold pizza Bethany gave me yesterday. RI DUI Lawyer

    ReplyDelete