Blog Description

Weekly Posts Concerning my Sabbatical Research and Writing Project


Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Reservation Lands

I got a very cool map the other day.  It shows how much of the land on the Nez Perce Indian Reservation is acctually owned by Indians.  The reservation boundary is outlined in red.  The lower left portion outside the red line is not part of the Nez Perce Rez.  Only the colored plots inside the red boundary are indian lands.  The rest is owned by people other than Nez Perce Indians.





I am only working on a small portion of the reservation, Lawyer Canyon.  Here is the portion of this map I have been researching historic property records.


The pink and green plots are Indian.  The blue is State Trust Land.  The rest is private ownership, primarily farmers.

10 comments:

  1. That's interesting! How does it happen – do individuals, or the nation, sell to private farmers? Are they maybe just leases?
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. aggressive as men when they are driving. They are much less likely to be the instigator in a road rage incident, for example. It is also EliaAndPonto.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely composed written content , thanks for information . gpwlaw-mi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information. https://asbestoscancer.org/stage-four-mesothelioma/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Nice stuff, do keep me posted when you post again something like this! lemon law california attorney

    ReplyDelete
  6. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so mmany interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! brain injury attorney los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! personal injury insurance coverage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. lemon lawyer los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have beaten yourself this time, and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts in future. Thank you for sharing great information to us. Online Quran Academy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quickly this particular site may undoubtedly gain popularity in between just about all running a blog as well as site-building people, because of its painstaking articles or maybe evaluations. toxic infant formula lawsuits

    ReplyDelete